Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Hello world! It's brand new year. 2011. It's going to be fabulous! I've never really believed in New Years resolutions. It just seemed like a lasme excuse to join a gym and quit within a month or two. A way to eat away during the christmas holidays because I didn't accomplish my resolution for the year. After a few depressed moments and hershey kisses, cuz lets face it that's the only kisses I'll get.

Last year though, I made a New Year's Resolution to learn to love cooking food. I've always been a little insecure when it comes to cooking food. My mom and brother are fabulous at cooking food. I try to cook food, somehow they butt their way in and take over, givng me little suggestions of what I could do better. I really hate it! I feel so insecure about cooking that I hate the grudging task. I want to love doing it though. So, I made it a resolution to start cooking recipes that I love and learn to become skilled at it. Even if it takes kicking my mom and brother out of the kitchen during family meals.

This year is a NEW YEAR!!! I'm going to turn twently five. What should I do for this fabulous year? I want to lose weight, but that's a lame resolution, and it's not really a resolution but something I need to get in the habit of. One thing I've been thinking of the past couple of months now that I'm back in school is that I feel so self centered. I work full time, I go to class, my time is filled up with homework, and I try to have a small amount of a social life. I feel that I'm not giving enough to other people. I want to put more time and effort into my calling. I want to help people feel that they are needed and are loved. That can be my new resolution. To put a little more positive emphasis on people in my life.

I need to make some more cards for thanky ou notes, phone calls, texts, etc. People need to be my top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment