Saturday, December 17, 2011

Almost Past a Major Hill

Yesterday I went shopping with one of my best friends. The retail therapy was exactly what I needed. While taking advantage of the major sales I realized I'm still down a pant size than where I've been for years, I'm almost one size away from the smallest I've ever been. That means if I can get two more pant sizes down I will be officially proud of myself and past a mountain that I've worked my whole life to battle.

We attacked the shirts to see what we could find. There's usually only one size that I can fit on tops at this specific store that I usually shop at. I tried on a cute ruffly white top...and it was TOO BIG! My friend and I looked at each other and elated I softly shouted, "It's too big!" I was so excited. There were some shirts in the store that fit, but for the most part, are starting to fit rather baggy.

We stopped by Gap to pick up something my friend needed. While she did her stuff I browsed the clearance section. A lot of shirts were there that we a larger size. I figured, why not grab a couple and try them on. They fit! I haven't fit into Gap shirts for over four years.

What a blessing in my life to see that I've come so far! I still have the mountain to constantly battle, but I'm so proud of the work that I've done. I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends. I'm learning to balance my crazy busy life and fit in healthy meals and exercise. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment